Hello, my dear friends!
On this page, I would like to tell you a little bit about myself and about why even I started keeping this blog.
Author: Ivan Perfilyev
Date of birth: 1976
Education: Priazov State Technical University.
Specialty: Metallurgy and Thermal Treatment of Metals.
Qualification: Engineer (M.Eng.), thermal treatment of metals and metallography.
Extensive experience in Inspection and Quality Management: since 2001
Additional education and Certificates:
- International Welding Inspector (IIW). Diploma № UA-IWI-B1-090529-0003
- SNT-TC-1A / ISO 9712 VC Level III
- SNT-TC-1A / ISO 9712 MT Level III
- SNT-TC-1A / ISO 9712 DP Level III
- SNT-TC-1A / ISO 9712 UT Level II
- SNT-TC-1A / ISO 9712 RT Level II
- Internal auditor – ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 19011:2011.
- Conducted Pre-Contract Award Surveys, Vendor Surveillance and Technical capability audits before production start.
- Organized and managed Project engineering supervision, leading a team of inspectors, and handled all quality related issues and audited during project execution.
- Vast practical experience to conduct independently non-destructive test methods, Ultrasonic Test, MPI, DPI, VC.
- Interpretation of RT films.
- Control over performance of welding in accordance with customer requirements.
- Conducted Welder’s Qualification as per EN 287 Part 1 & 2, IBR.
- Conducted Weld Procedure Qualification during the first-day production tests.
- Conducted technical inspection of electrical equipment (VSD variable speed drive of AC induction motor), covering all acceptance tests at each of the technological production stage.
- Reviewed and approved design documentation, quality control documents (QCP), mill’s reports, manufacturing procedure specifications (MPS), equipment verification documents, process qualification documents to ensure conformance with project specifications.
- Conducted inspection of all prescribed stages from raw materials feeding, witnessing of all the tests and through to finished product release.
- Conducted painting inspection of all prescribed stages: abrasive cleaning before painting, measurement of the following parameters: room temperature, metal temperature, humidity, salt contamination, dew point determination, roughness, class and degree cleaning, dust level; measurement of each layer of coating, measurement of total thickness of coating, visual control of coating, conducted of adhesion test.
- Prepared and presented to the client all information on project status: Interim Reports, Progress Reports, Non-Conformance Reports with follow-up of corrective actions and closeups, Final Release Notes.
Knowledge in international standards:
API 5L, API 5CT, API 5B, API RP 5L3, API 5D, API RP 5L2, API RP 5LW, API 2B, API 5T1, ASTM A106, ASTM A53, ASTM A370, ASTM A213, ASTM E6, ASTM E23, ASTM A20, ASTM B338, ASTM A435, ASTM A36, ASTM A268, ASTM E 112, ASTM A252, ASME Sec.V, ASME Sec.II, ASME Sec.VII, ASME Sec.VIII, ASME Sec.IX, ASME B31.3, AWS D1.1, DIN 30670, DIN 50113, DIN 50115, DIN 50125, ISO 3183, ISO 5817, ISO 6929, NACE MR0175, NACE TM0177, NACE TM0284, ARS, EN 10208, EN 10217, EN 10219, EN 10228, EN 10025, GOSTs, TU and etc.
Summary of experience:
Oil & Gas Projects Quality Management and Vendor Inspection of:
- Steel Line SAW Pipes and Anticorrosion outside PE Coating and inside epoxy coating;
- Seamless steel pipes;
- ERW Tubes;
- Pressure vessels and drums;
- HR and CR Plates;
- OCTG (Drill pipes, Casing, Tubing);
- Welding structures;
- Boiler Tubes and Plates (IBR);
- HR Coils;
- Shipbuilding Plates (BV Rules);
- Rotary Shafts;
- Shipbuilding Shafts (BV Rules);
- Forgings; castings;
- Wire Rod, Steel Billet; Slabs, Angles etc.
Personal Equipment available:
Visual & Instrumental Control set – «NPVC».
Dye Penetrant set – «Overchek».
Ultrasonic Hardness Measurement Gauge – «Inatest» (the set includes
hardness reference standards).
Ultrasonic Thickness Gauge – «UT-507» (the gauge is able to measure the
thickness of metal under the coating);
Magnetic Particle Flaw Detector – «MD-01PK/12» (the set includes
luminescent lamp «SN50R/12» and aerosol sprayer with phosphorescent powder).
Borescope wireless inspection camera IMAGE.
I started keeping this blog because very little training material for beginners technical inspectors is available, I know it from my own experience, and if the material is available, it is extremely scattered in the literature and the Internet. We all together, my dear friends, have to make this blog, or rather a platform, a place where we will share a variety of information about the hard work of the technical inspectors. In turn, I will publish articles on the metallurgical science to allow a beginner inspector to briefly familiarize himself/herself with the basic concepts of the metallurgical science, explaining sector-specific terms for beginner inspectors. There will also be articles on the nondestructive testing and inspection of welds. I will describe the main welding defects, how better and correctly to identify and how correctly to name them according to the standards. In the future, I will try to prepare a video lessons for the nondestructive testing. I will try to find interesting and useful materials which will help you in practice. Share your experiences and interesting materials, write reviews and comments, send your wishes and requests.